My biggest boy is 11 months old, and the last time I gave an update on his shenannigans was almost 2 months ago!! Since then we've had a few firsts that I want to catch you up on.
First Haircut
The two things that I hear most from people who see Nathan are, "His eyes are sooo big!" and, "Wow! He has a lot of hair!" Well, you're welcome, both of those traits happen to come from me. I don't hear as much about his precious button nose or his very pinch-able cheeks (those come from daddy). You'll probably remember that he was born with a ton of hair...then that fell out (recall the comb over) and then came back very quickly. He has needed a haircut for weeks and weeks but I wanted to be there for his first "real" haircut, so it had to wait until I was done with busy season. So, on February 18th we (me, Jimmy and Grammy) took Nathan to a place that specializes in children's haircuts and got my boy cleaned up. His haircut's resemblance to Peyton Manning's is pure coincidence...
 |
| Before (front view). Also, "Hey Mom, can I have that camera?" |
 |
| Before (side view). Also, "Mmmm, teething ring!" |
 |
| This is a cool chair! |
 |
| This lady had a vice grip on his head, but he handled it well. |
 |
| Beep beep! |
 |
| "Seriously! She's going to cut it how short?!" |
 |
| Clean it up...high and tight! |
 |
| Finishing touches... |
 |
| Look how cute I am! |
 |
| Now Dad needs a haircut (and Mommy needs some sleep!) |
He actually did really great while getting his hair cut. No crying or fussing, although he did get a little squirmy toward the end because Mommy and Daddy were standing up and he was sitting down. So we finished the haircut in my lap. Sadly, he already needs another one, but it is going to wait until just before his birthday.
First Use of a Sippy Cup
I wanted to be able to give Nathan milk from a cup on his first birthday, so we had to start practicing early. Especially since he is slow getting the hang of anything that has to do with mealtime. I take comfort in the fact that once he learns to eat there's nothing more to teach! Anyway, I started with a cup with handles and left in the gizmo (technical term) that keeps the cup from spilling. That turned out not to work so well because he would only chew on the mouth piece and not suck anything out.
So I decided to take the gizmo out of the cup so he would actually know what this cup thing was supposed to be doing. Besides, I read somewhere that it is better not to use the spill proof cups because it continues to promote the bottle type sucking motion instead of actual drinking. At any rate, once he started getting something out of the cup it went marginally better.
Finally, I decided to try a cup with no handles. This one worked the best and is the one we have at most meal times now. I should have known to start with his Aggie up first!
No comments:
Post a Comment