Friday, July 19, 2013

Olivia's First (volume 1)

My precious lady bug is 8 days old today and already experiencing some momentous milestones! Okay, maybe momentous is a bit of an exaggeration, but I'm the mommy and I can exaggerate if I want.  So, there. Here we go in chronological order.


One week old! Look how cute I am!
First night home (Saturday, July 13th) we had the first daddy diaper fail. Jimmy was holding our sleeping angel and decided she must have pooped, so he took her to the pack n' play to start changing her. At the point I heard, "I need another diaper" and, "It's on my hands" I sent mom to over to help. Later I hear, "Oh no! More is coming! Another diaper" then later, "Lets try diaper #4. Could you tell me when you're done?" Mom eventually moved away as diaper # 5 was being strapped on then. Then comes, "Now she's peeing, it's all over the pad, I need another diaper." So I came over to the rescue, cleaned her up and got diaper #6 on her as a very grateful daddy backed away slowly. Later he told me he wasn't prepared for "sprinkler pee" at opposed to a stream like Nathan. I find it extremely funny that it took over 2 years before Nathan peed on him and one night at home for Livy.


First visitor at home (Sunday, July 14th) - Cousin Cynthia came to visit for the afternoon after Jimmy, mom and Nathan got home from church. She brought smoked ribs and the fixings and stayed for a good long visit.


Cousin Cynthia
First pediatrician visit (Monday, July 15th) - We saw another doctor because Dr. Haney was out of town. Olivia weighed 7 lbs even and was still 19.5" long.  I was so relieved that she had gained some weight since we left the hospital (she was 6 lb 12 oz at discharge). The doctor went ahead and ordered a jaundice test for her and it came back at normal levels. Big girl did really well with Daddy holding her when she got her heel pricked for the blood work. 

First bath (Tuesday, July 16th) - I decided 5 days was long enough for baby girl to go without a bath, so we trooped upstairs to begin the torture.  She did pretty good all things considered.  


Wait for it....

There it is!


All is forgiven.

I still love Mommy.
 First bath was followed by a feeding and a milk coma. So much trauma!



First day of Aggie brainwashing and being held by Momo (Wednesday, July 17th).


Working on Gig 'Em!



First bottle (Friday, July 19th) - Livy had her first bottle of pumped breast milk today as a between-meal supplement. Daddy fed her so she doesn't get confused by what she needs to do with Mommy and she took the bottle really well with no fighting. After a little over an ounce she decided that was enough and fell into another milk coma on Daddy's shoulder.




No comments: