Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Little Chef



Nathan is all about helping these days and wants to do things independently to boot. One way I've tried to give him the attention he needs in the afternoon is to let him help me (or anyone else) cook. He pours, he crushes, he stirs and he "chops" (with a flimsy white plastic knife that barely cuts butter). He loves the cooking center at his school and likes to pretend he's cooking there and at home. I love that he is using his imagination to do things like this. I remember making mud pies with locust shells (you know, as a binder) at my house and opossum sandwiches using coasters for my Papa at their house. In case you're worried, Papa never (to my knowledge) actually ever ate a real opossum sandwich, but that's what he always said he wanted when we were "cooking" for him. He also insisted that horses liked peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I miss him.

Anyway, here are some pictures from the last few months of my big cooking helper.












No comments: