We had Olivia's birthday party the day (Saturday) after her birthday. I decided on a theme of rainbows and hearts because at the time she was obsessed with the Mickey's Rainbow Picnic book. I also found a picture of a cute rainbow heart cake and used it for inspiration. Please note that a sweet friend made the cake (thank you, Becky!).
We had her birthday party at our house and invited a small group of close friends and family. The crowd was small which made everything much less stressful for the mama. Guests included Grammy, Aunt Kelley, cousin Tyley, Lolo, Momo, Popo, Papa Joe, Boo (Annie Jo), Lela, Kellen and Keegan (Kemp), Natalie, Kylee and Heidi (Blair), and Aunt Misty and Mr. Matt. A big thank you to Papa Joe for taking pictures during the party!
In keeping with the rainbow theme, I also made rainbow cupcakes (you know, because the huge rainbow heart cake wasn't enough). I pretty much did this for Nathan, because to him you can't have a birthday party without cupcakes. I also enlisted the help of mostly-willing family to make rainbow fruit kabobs and put out rainbow goldfish. We decorated with rainbow color balloons and flowers. Here are the finished products.
I had no organized activities, other than a coloring page for the bigger kids (created by Mom and Aunt Kelley) so we just let the kids play and run around. We had minimal melt-downs, so I deemed it a success. Olivia held on tight to me while we sang Happy Birthday and Brother helped blow out the candle. Then she devoured her cupcake! All around it was a good day filled with love and friends. You can't ask for much more!
| Three friends. Blonde (Heidi), brunette (Livy) and red head (Keegan)! |
| Keegan and Kylee |
| The balloons were a big hit! |
| Smile, Aunt Kelley |
| Smiley Tyley |
| Grammy and Aunt Kelley |
| Aunt Misty and Livy-bug |
| "Take me there, Daddy!" |
| In case you can't tell, Daddy carried Olivia around while Nathan was glued to me. |
| "Popo, get that for me!" |
| My lap is still big enough for both of my babies. I love my snuggles! |
| Papa Joe and Annie Jo (Boo) |
| Holding tight to Mommy while everyone sings Happy Birthday |
| Blowing out the candle |
| "Now we're talking!" |
| Purple Bear from Papa Joe and Boo was a hit. |
| Sweet bear (hugs). |
| Rubber duck picked out by cousin Tyley especially for Olivia |
No comments:
Post a Comment