So, I had every intention of logging on and getting some work done after Nathan went to sleep tonight. Instead, I ordered some Pampered Chef and decided it was too late to work, but not too late to put up a quick post!
This year my college girls and I finally got our act together and planned a girls weekend for late July (after quarter of course). We've missed a few years due to babies and weddings, but we really do try to get together at least once a year. Kristin's husband's grandparents own a condo on the beach in Galveston and they generously let us stay there for a long weekend (Thursday to Sunday). The last time we stayed here together was in 2006, one year after graduation. I remember studying for the CPA exam by the pool. What a difference six years makes! Two additional husbands and five kids between us...hard to believe! Anyway, after my client filed their 10-Q Thursday I spent a little time at the team happy hour then drove straight to Galveston for 3 whole baby-free nights (sorry, Nathan). I reeaaaallly needed this getaway with some of my favorite and best girlfriends. All of us are married now and three of us have children, so we all had various reasons for wanting to just get away for a few days! I will say that sleeping in was pretty great, even if "sleeping in" meant sleeping until 7:00am.
The whole weekend was perfect (in my book anyway). The only "plan" we made was to go to dinner one night. The rest of the time was spend lounging by the pool reading/dozing/catching up and playing card games in the room watching the Olympics. We went to the grocery store Friday morning and stocked up on easy to cook (i.e. defrost) food and snacks. We went for one obligatory walk on the beach and also enjoyed viewing a beach wedding (and the scary storm front threatening to ruin it) from afar on the balcony. Completely relaxing and completely enjoyable. I'm already ready for next year! We didn't take many pictures, but here are the few I have.
 |
| Girls weekend 2012 |
 |
| Girls weekend 2006 flashback. |
 |
| Kristin, Lauren and me |
 |
| Misty Sue, Lauren and me |
 |
| Dinner at the Black Pearl |
 |
| View from our balcony |
I got picture updates of Nathan while I was gone, but otherwise didn't spend much time on the phone with Jimmy. Lori (Lolo) came up to "help" Jimmy with Nathan, so no one feel bad for him for being abandoned. This was very soon after Lolo got back from visiting Aunt Ashley in Hawaii, and she had a few presents for Nathan. Here's some of the fun they had.
No comments:
Post a Comment