Sunday, September 23, 2012

June 16th - 5 Years Ago...


I married the love of my life. I really can't believe we've been married 5 years, together for almost 9 (in October) and have been friends for 14 years! Our anniversary this year fell on a Saturday. I was sick with a cold Nathan "shared" with me and frantically trying to figure out what Nathan was going to give Jimmy for Fathers day, which was the following day (yes, the secret is out...worst wife ever). We didn't do anything really special that weekend other than make a special dinner together of our favorite things after Nathan went to bed. This was a function of two things: budget considerations and we were going out of town the following weekend to Jimmy's cousin Miranda's wedding by ourselves. Lolo was coming to watch Nathan and that was my first night completely away from Nathan. So in anticipation of a romantic time away on the river walk in San Antonio the next weekend we kept it pretty casual. We didn't exchange gifts even though I'm told by a reliable source that 5 is the diamond anniversary. (Authors note: for those of you actually looking it up, the traditional gift for 5 years is wood...I guess I should have asked for wood floors!).

The  next day was Fathers Day. I let Jimmy sleep in some and Nathan gave Daddy a card and a photo frame collage of pictures of them together. Not my most inspired idea ever, I'll admit...I'll do better next year.  I don't think we took many pictures either, but here are the ones I can find. Mom fail.





The following weekend was Jimmy's cousin Miranda's wedding in San Antonio. Lori and her posse (Momo and Popo) came to keep Nathan. Jimmy and I were both sick with really bad sore throats, and against better judgment still left to attend on Saturday morning. This was my first real night away from Nathan since he was born. It was hard to walk out the door, but once we were in the truck I was good to go! I think the prospect of a full nights sleep was just too appealing. Unfortunately we both slept terribly because of our colds and general misery associated with them. But the wedding (Catholic mass) was beautiful, the bride was absolutely stunning (see below) and reception was a wonderful time spent catching up with Jimmy's aunts, uncles and cousins we rarely get to see.  After the heartache the family had this spring with the loss of aunt Lucy and Grandmama,  it was nice to get together to celebrate a new beginning. 

Breathtaking.


They took pictures of their "child" in a tux in different poses for the table cards.  This was ours...too precious.


Just like at our own wedding, I danced more with Jimmy's uncles than  with him.

Of course we got periodic picture updates of Nathan, so my mommy withdrawals were only mild.





Okay, so that catches us up through mid-June. I'll have to think about it but our next stop might be July!

No comments: