![]() |
| Nathan (18 months) and Chance (15 months) |
The weekend before Halloween Kimberley, Kevin and the boys (Breydon and Chance) came to town for a long overdue visit. Nathan was of course already asleep when they all got in late Friday night but quickly made friends with everybody in the morning. Considering he hasn't spent much time around the Sedwick clan, he warmed up to them all pretty quickly.
![]() |
| "Mom, there are strangers in our house!" |
![]() |
| "Um, hello lady I don't know. May I help you?" |
![]() |
| Breydon (5 years) |
![]() |
| Breydon was playing the pumpkin bongos with Nathan and Chance looking on. |
The little boys played (and played and played) with Nathan's push train and with everything else they cold get their hands on. Breydon spent the better part of the weekend pushing the boys around on the train and trying to get them to take turns. We had to keep reminding him that just because Nathan said to go "fast" doesn't really mean he should go fast. We also spent some time playing outside although Chance wasn't really enthused with the outdoors at first. I eventually brought him back inside while Jimmy stayed outside with Breydon and Nathan.
A planned event for the weekend (the only thing planned really) was pumpkin carving/decorating for all the boys. I had already bought two big pumpkins and we had one small "Nathan sized" pumpkin, but we wanted some extras and some fun things to decorate with. Kimberley and I left the daddy's with the little boys and took Breydon with us to Wal-Mart. We picked up some little pumpkins and one more big pumpkin along with glittery glue pens, Halloween stickers, adhesive googly eyes, neon pipe cleaners and star stickers. I already had washable finger paints at the house, so we were good to go! Even better was that BOTH little boys went down for a nap at the exact same time about 20 minutes before we got home. The dads claim they were just sitting watching football holding the little ones and they closed their eyes at nearly the same moment. Highly suspect, but it's the results that matter I suppose.
As a side note, because Breydon was so good at Wal-Mart he got an Avengers art tray and face paints. Of course the first thing he wanted to do after lunch was draw on his face. That went well.
![]() |
| The bat that Kim drew on his cheek was not sufficient. |
After nap time the little boys had lunch and we got everyone ready to decorate pumpkins. That involved stripping the little boys down to their diapers and making Breydon take off his shirt. We also put down some paper on the floor as a feeble attempt to keep paint off the tile. Luckily it all cleaned up very easily. Everyone enjoyed using hands and paint brushes to paint their pumpkins. The little boys each made one painted pumpkin and one "sticker" pumpkin. Nathan insisted on using all of the googly eyes on the sheet for his pumpkin.
![]() |
| Clean slate! |
![]() |
| It doesn't take long to do some self-decorating! |
![]() |
| "I think I need some more red." |
![]() |
| The paint brush was taking too long. Hand painting is the way to go! |
![]() |
| "Thank you, Mommy, for the sticker." |
![]() |
| We looked away for two seconds too long! |
![]() |
| Switching to stickers, googly eyes and pipe cleaners! |
![]() |
| Nathan's finished pumpkins! |
![]() |
| Chance's finished pumpkins! |
![]() |
| And Breydon's pumpkin! Don't tell Nathan, but I like his the best! |
After painting we decided a little clean-up was in order. Kimberley and I took the little boys upstairs for a quick bath while the dads (after some gentle prodding) cleaned up the mess downstairs.
![]() |
| Clean boys on the run! They are actually chasing Joule through the living room. |
Cynthia joined us about this time and we all retired outside to run around, be silly and do some real pumpkin carving (with much supervision). I got tired just watching Cynthia run around with the boys! It sure did tire them out though. This activity took us the rest of the afternoon until dinnertime. I didn't get a picture of Breydon or Cynthia's finished jack-o-lanterns because I went inside to cook dinner and someone else had the camera for a while. Believe me they were very
![]() |
| Jimmy gutting his pumpkin with supervision. |
![]() |
| Ruuuuuuuuun!!!! |
![]() |
| And fall down! |
![]() |
| Snuggles with Mommy. They were less forced than this picture looks, I promise. |
![]() |
| Uncle Kevin steps in when my back says, "All done!" |
![]() |
| Jimmy's haunted house and crescent moon pumpkin. |
![]() |
| Nathan wasn't so sure about Chance being in Mommy's lap too. But he shared well. |
![]() |
| "Hey, can I touch those markers?!" |
Sunday morning we got ready for church and Kim and Kevin packed up their stuff to head back to Austin. We had a wonderful weekend full of fun and smiling boys. They all shared really well (or as well as could be expected for their ages) and there were no Category 5 meltdowns. I can't wait to do it all again at Thanksgiving when we see them next!















































No comments:
Post a Comment