Friday, November 9, 2012

Fall Fellowship and Trick-or-Treating 2012



On October 20th our church hosted a community outreach called the Fall Fellowship. It is targeted at families with young children and included some bounce houses, "trunk-or-treating" and games of all kinds. The kids get to dress up and see all their friends so a good time is had by all. Nathan's costume this year was a farmer with overalls, plaid shirt and straw hat. He was supposed to be Farmer Brown from the book "Click Clack Moo," one of his current favorites, so I also got him a little stuffed cow to tote around. It was quarter, so I had to be at work downtown for the better part of the day, but I went in really early so I could leave in time for us to get to the fellowship reasonably close to when it started. Nathan was a little overwhelmed at first but eventually relaxed and walked around like normal.


We got to see Rylan (also a farmer) and Kylee (the most adorable penguin ever) and actually got them to sit mostly still enough to get a good picture. I just can't believe how big they are getting! As a refresher, Rylan is 5 weeks older than Nathan and Kylee is one day younger.

About to leave for the Fall Fellowship at Katy church of Christ.

Miss Kylee

Nathan, Kylee and Rylan

At least Lela was smiling!
 Nathan got to ride the choo choo train with Daddy while Mommy took pictures of our friends' cute kids. Nathan also particularly enjoyed digging for "treasure" in the rice and the only way we got him away was by distracting him with a bright green whirly gig. Another highlight was getting to see Papa Joe and Boo and getting snuggles from Mrs. Nancy. Most of these are from our camera, but "Papa" Joe also took some great pictures with his camera and shared them with us!









Second trip to the treasure pool!





Nathan and Papa Joe



Apart from two or three pieces of candy and the whirly gig, Nathan also came home with a bright pink pumpkin to carry his stuff in. I hadn't intended to go trick or treating, so I never bought him anything to carry around, but this came in handy on Halloween when we went walking on our street.


school had a costume parade on Halloween, so we dutifully sent Nathan's outfit to school. He got to be at the front of the line for his class. I borrowed this picture from the Primrose website. You can barely see him in the back of the shot holding his hat. 



That evening when Daddy got home and before it got dark we went for our normal walk, but this time carrying our neon pink pumpkin. Nathan was clearly more interested in farming acorns than farming candy. Several if our sweet neighbors gave Nathan some candy although his evil mother wouldn't let him eat any of it. Not that he cared. I don't think he realized you could actually eat the stuff inside those bright wrappers! He was more interested in separating those that shake (Nerds, Skittles and Milk Duds) from those that don't (lame). After we got back home he spent some quality time transferring candy back and forth from his pumpkin to the big candy bowl we had by the front door. I got some good pictures of us outside with my phone, but once we got inside it decided to crash and I lost a bunch of them. Fortunately we still had a few of the good ones so I wasn't too upset. Nathan seemed to have a very fun night. The pumpkin of candy is still providing entertainment. Evidently dumping out the candy and putting it back in doesn't get old when you're 18 months old.

Ready to go trick-or-treating!

First stop, acorns!



Jimmy and I made these to take to my work.  Jimmy made the pumpkin and I made the cat.
Now I'm looking forward to my next post about when cousins came to visit! What a fun October!

No comments: