Over the past several months we have been showered with love and understanding from friends, family and co-workers. I already wrote about the shower my college girlfriends had for me during our girls weekend and mentioned our visitors at the hospital in Olivia's birthday post. This post is for everything else. I don't have any pictures, but I still wanted to remember all the kindness we were shown while getting ready for Olivia and after she arrived.
My EY co-workers hosted a joint shower for us and the Turilli's at Meredith's house in early June. It's always fun getting to see everyone with their significant other away from the stress of the client site. We got a bunch of baby essentials from the team and some adorable clothes (featuring A&M and lady bugs of course). Nathan attended with us but was going a little stir crazy so he and Jimmy spent most of their time outside or looking at the big puppy dog through the window.
We also had a special celebration with all of the team executives and spouses hosted by the partners at Brennan's downtown. Be careful drinking the water on our audit team right now because three couples at dinner were pregnant and another had a 9 month old. The food was, of course, amazing and evidently so was the wine judging by how many bottles the table went through (considering only half the table was drinking at all!). We had a great time catching up with everybody. Thank you to Aunt Misty who watched Nathan for us!
Also in June my sweet girlfriends from church had a little dinner and shower for Natalie and me (due within 4 days of each other). Similar to the EY dinner, pregnant people almost outnumbered the others! Thank you again Ashley, Jana, Lela, Natalie, Justine and Danielle for the good conversation and sweet gifts. Olivia received some precious clothes, including the floofy pink creation she wore on her first Sunday at church (from Lela).
Before and after Olivia came we received gifts from many other friends and family. Our church family also made sure we didn't starve to death those first few weeks at home by bringing us meals every few days (thank you to the Cains, Seiferts, Siscos, Billie Duncan, Conaways, and Cathy Ross). In between meals from the church we enjoyed food from Cousin Cynthia, Amy and the Ozgos. Everything was wonderful!
Of course this wouldn't be complete without mentioning the flood of love and support from our moms and Jimmy's grandparents. Lori is a near constant source of clothes for both kids and Grandpa and Grandma have funded more meals and boxes of diapers than I can count! They also keep the first born occupied when they visit because no one else matters when Popo is here. Lori was also a comfortable napping spot for Olivia judging by the looks of things. My mom is equally (if not more...yes, I'm biased) amazing. She first came the weekend before Livy was born to help me get the house in order. And by "help me" I mean I did very little (mostly supervised) and she organized, did laundry, cleaned, cooked, washed dishes and packed away things. She then came back three days later (the night before I was induced) so she could be here with Nathan and take him to school that next morning while we were at the hospital. She stayed with us for seven wonderful days and made sure I ate, rested, drank enough water and had what I needed while also playing with Nathan, snuggling with Olivia and generally keeping the house in order the whole time. I think Jimmy cried when she left too! (Just kidding, only I cried.) Thank you Mamma for everything you did and continue to do. We love you!
In summary, we are very thankful for the outpouring of love and support and prayers from all of our friends and family. I know there are people I didn't specifically mention here, but know that we appreciate everyone and you have all made even more of a blessing than it already is.
Now, who wants to come babysit two kids so Jimmy and I can get OUT of this house?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment