Friday, January 2, 2015

Date Night and Anniversary Trip

Back in August 2014 (I write this in January 2015), the hubby and I went on a date night for no real special reason. Then, in November we went on an anniversary trip to celebrate 7 years of marriage...5 months late. Our original trip was scheduled for earlier in the summer (end of June) but had to be cancelled due to Jimmy and both kids getting sick. Mommy was NOT a happy camper, but we ended up having a fun weekend anyway with Grammy in town. For the nights captured below, we didn't do anything super exciting, but I think it is important for our kids to someday see that we did, in fact, nurture our marriage and try to put each other first because it is so hard to do with little ones in the house. I love you, honey bunny!

Date night - Painting with a Twist right by the house. 

The painting was named something clever like, "Midnight in Miami" 

Jimmy's water turned out better and more "water-y" than mine...

...but I like my trees better.

This is what we came home to. It is a wonder I get any sleep at all.

Anniversary Trip - Our first night out we decided (on a whim) to take in a Rockets game.

We got pretty good seats and arrived in time for a little pre-game entertainment a la 6 year olds with pom poms, loud music and very little synchronization. But they were cute.

This is Brad Stevens, the coach of the Celtics (formerly coach at Butler University)...I include this picture because we saw him in the elevator of our hotel before the game. I knew I recognized him, but couldn't place the face until we got into our room. A quick interweb search confirmed I was right! Jimmy thought I was a little crazy at first.

Next day we went to the Museum of Natural Science to see the dinosaur exhibit and we went through the butterfly garden. It reminded me of our honeymoon when we did the same thing and got some amazing pictures. These butterflies weren't as bold as the ones on the island, though.


Pictures from Grammy (who was monster-sitting). Keeping the wild one contained with the iPad. Hey, whatever works, Grammy.

Because watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is an occasion worth getting dressed up.

No comments: