The day of Nathan's fourth birthday we let him play hookie from daycare. That morning he opened his birthday present from us (basically the whole set of DC Super Friends and assorted villains) while still in his pajamas. We had plans to go to the Museum of Natural Science but it was almost impossible to get him to leave the house (and his new toys) without major persuasion. In order to start the leaving process, we told him we were going to get a haircut then have a birthday cupcake date to celebrate. He loves going to the haircut place because there are cars and trains to play with as well as a big red firetruck to sit in while watching cartoons. The fact that they cut his hair is completely secondary.
| I love Olivia's face in this picture. "How is this a big deal?" |
| We got him some movies and a few books that were interesting up until the point he opened the big box... |
| Jackpot! |
| Checking out everybody and deciding what to open first. Hard to decide. |
| A little blurry but such a great smile. I love my little superhero. |
| Looking sharp after his haircut. |
From there we made our way to the museum district. Knowing that he would lose interest in things pretty quickly, we focused our visit on the shark exhibit, dinosaurs and butterfly garden. He wanted soooooo badly for a butterfly to land on him and sat super still (for a 4 year old boy) trying to get one to come. In the mean time, two landed on Daddy. He was pretty disappointed but still enjoyed seeing them all flying around.
The following weekend we had his birthday party at The Little Gym of Katy. We had it there the year before and I'm glad we chose it again! The staff are great and letting the kids run around in alternating organized activities and free play is genius. We picked a superhero theme and I ordered hero cake pops from A Spoonful of Sugar Sweets. I let Nathan choose between a cake or cupcakes as the main dessert and he chose a cake. I told him I would make him a Green Lantern cake, even though his vote was for a Green Goblin cake. I was pretty proud of the result. I felt so domestic! Just like last year we took a bunch of pictures and 98% of them are blurry because the kids didn't stop moving. He got a ton of superhero stuff and some other cool transforming dinosaur-car things. He had an amazing time with his friends, including his best friends.
| Andy, Caitlin, Leah and the birthday boy! |
| Aaron, Nathan and Michelle |
1 comment:
AHHHHH!!!! SO many good pictures! So happy to see you are getting us caught up. Most handsome 4 year old I can think of!
Post a Comment