Olivia turned 2 (back in July) and we had her birthday party on her actual birthday, which was fun. Every year I try to match the kid's party theme with their current interests. With Olivia, it was a no-brainer this year. The girl is crazy about Minnie Mouse! So, we went with a classic Minnie red and white polka-dot theme.
Author's Note: You'll notice the cake and cupcakes are strawberry (pink) because I love my friends and family (and carpet) enough to not use red icing.
Olivia had a fun time on her birthday surrounded by close friends and family. Having a party at the house is a lot of work, but fortunately I had a lot of help. I managed to take a bunch of pictures, and I'll let them do most of the talking.
 |
| Step 1: Make the cake...with help! I am usually a firm outsourcer, but the girl who I wanted to do the desserts was not available. So, I channeled Betty C. and got to work on a cake and cupcakes. |
 |
| Both of my munchkins love to help cook/bake/make a mess in the kitchen. Thanks to Popo for helping with Olivia-control. |
 |
| Finished cake (I was pretty proud of myself)! |
 |
| Minnie's Bows |
 |
| Mickey Mouse Watermelon cut-outs. In my head all of the watermelon served would be Mickey shaped. However, the amount of watermelon that would go to waste was appalling, so we changed plans pretty quickly. |
 |
| A view of the Minnie cupcakes (mini-oreos for ears). In the background you can see the pecan pie we got for my brother, who had a birthday the next day. |
 |
| Hot-Diggety Dog fixin's! (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse reference) |
 |
| Birthday girl with cousin Tyley before everyone arrives. |
 |
| Cousins Chance, Tyley and Bubba hanging out on the couch. Breydon stayed home to have some dad-time and Allen is curled up on the other couch wondering why he didn't do the same. |
 |
| We love our Lolo! |
 |
| Uncle Cantrell and his sweet girlfriend Melodie. Olivia adores Melodie! |
 |
| Sisters! (Kelley was working and couldn't come) |
 |
| Hanging out with Momo. |
 |
| Proof that Allen was there. I was interrupting his reading to make him take a picture. You can tell how much he appreciated that. |
 |
| Cutie-pie Keegan! |
 |
| Smooches with Auntie Berley! (I actually think she's eating watermelon) |
 |
| Uncle Cantrell, Grammy and Melodie |
 |
| Kellen, Lela and Keegan (the three "big kids" were all up at the grandparents so weren't able to come this year) |
 |
| Enjoying her birthday cupcake and some apple juice. |
 |
| Oh, hey look! I was there too with my precious angel. |
 |
| So was Daddy! |
 |
| And Papa Joe (and Boo) - the kids' Katy grandparents. |
 |
| Blurry mayhem. The kids all played well together considering they ranged in age from not-quite-two to six years old. |
 |
| Olivia enjoyed opening her presents (supervised by Kylie and Tyley)... |
 |
| ...but she really enjoyed ripping the tissue paper into tiny shreds. |
 |
| We got her this little stroller and pack-n-play for her dolls. She promptly put baby night-night. |
 |
Oops! Forgot to give goodnight kisses before beating gently patting her on the back. |
 |
| Decorations in the dining room. We didn't spend much time in there, but it was pretty! |
 |
| After the party we all took some time to rest, including my big angel who still isn't too big for Mommy's lap. |
 |
| With cousins still here we broke out the slip n' slide and pool for some hot afternoon splashing fun! |
 |
| Daddy, Uncle Chris and even Allen joined in the fun (note evidence of Allen enjoying himself, far left). |
 |
| These three spent the better part of 10 minutes (or so) running full speed and jumping into the pool. |
 |
| Build-your-own water park slide. Olivia really liked splashing down into the water. |
 |
| Tyley and Auntie Berley checking out the new sand box (from Lolo, Popo and Momo). It should be noted that the birthday princess promptly starting scooping sand out of the box and dumping it in the grass and on the patio. Why would you leave it in the box? |
1 comment:
I can't get over how big Miss O is getting! Perfect looking party, Mama! Well done. :)
Post a Comment