Thursday, October 31, 2013

Zoo Boo, Fall Festival & Halloween 2013

Authors Note: I am woefully behind on 2014 already, so 2013 is going to get closed out express style for posts that do not involve the kids milestones.  That means lots of pictures and only a few words....

I am not typically "into" Halloween. I don't like scary things and I don't like scary things scaring my kids. I also don't like greedy beggars knocking on my door - even if they are dressed really cute!  However, I am not going to deprive my sweet children of the fun that is the October dress-up season, so we just go with the flow as much as possible. This year I resisted every impulse in me to put Olivia in an adorable lady bug costume.  Mostly because the outfit I like isn't travel friendly and I have to consider what can be squished into a car seat.  So we settled on a strawberry. For Nathan we decided he could be a knight because one of his current favorite Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episodes is where Goofy is a brave knight who goes on a quest.  Jimmy even made Nathan the same "shining shield" and "silver sword" that Goofy finds on his quest out of cardboard, duct tape and spray paint.

This year's list of events included going to Zoo Boo at the Houston Zoo, the Katy church's fall festival and of course some very brief trick-or-treating on Halloween itself.  Zoo Boo was enjoyed with the Kemp clan who were all dressed as pirates from Disney's Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Somehow I didn't get any pictures of Keegan (shameful) but he was dressed up too. Enjoy the pictures!




















No comments: