Monday, November 11, 2013

Olivia's Best Friends

I am so far behind on posting updates on life that I don't know where to begin.  Scrolling through the pictures I've taken in the last month and a half didn't help.  We've done a lot in that time! My last update was in September (sorry) and since then Livy has started "school," Nathan had his 2 1/2 yr well check, we've been back to the zoo for Zoo Boo, we had Halloween and Fall Festival fun and Livy has turned 4 months (today)! In the interest of some sort of organization (hooray type A accountants), I'm going to catch up mostly chronologically.  Yes, yes, that means the milestone updates on the kids are going to have to wait.  You'll survive, I promise.

Let's rewind the clock to September and early October before I went back to work.  My favorite part of maternity leave, apart from getting nearly unlimited time with my baby, is the time I get to spend with my church family. I made it to a few sessions of Ladies Bible Class and got to have lunch and play dates with my favorite mamas.  You may remember Nathan's best friends from church, Rylan and Kylie - all born within 5 weeks of each other. Well, somehow we all managed to repeat that feat - but in reverse order.  Heidi Rae was born on July 5th, my Livy was born July 11th and Keegan Michael was born August 6th.  This was in no way planned, but just like the first time it is so wonderful having close friends going through the same stage of life you are.  Especially when one of them had a head start and so has extra mommy knowledge to leverage. Anyway, here are pictures of our munchkins at various play dates.



Keegan and Livy trying to hold hands at LBC.


Nevermind, boys are yucky!


This was our first attempted play date with all three kids.  We never got a picture of all three because there was never a time when all three of them had their happy pants on.


Keegan and Heidi


This is play date attempt number two at Lela's house. We had some good happy baby time and got pictures of the baby love triangle. It is starting to be more apparent here that Keegan is going to be a strapping young lad!


We wanted to capture how long each of them are in relation to the other, but Heidi decided she needed to work on her abs instead.  It is hard to tell here, but Keegan already has about an inch on the girls. He's such a cutie pie! Meanwhile, Olivia is wondering when this is going to be over so she stops getting bonked in the head by Heidi.



Our three munchkins in Cradle Roll (i.e. Bible Class for babies).
 
 

No comments: