Saturday, June 22, 2013

Olivia 34 Week Update

Because I will be 36 weeks on Monday I thought it appropriate to backtrack a little and get you caught up on my little lady bug.  At my 32+ week appointment we had an ultrasound to make sure the princess was progressing as she should. Her heartbeat was 143 bpm and her estimated weight was 4 lbs 4 oz (right on track). If she grows the average of most babies that means she'll be right around 8 lbs at full term (which will be a 9 oz improvement over her big brother!). The ultrasound tech confirmed for us that Olivia is still a girl (::whew::) and we got a decent profile picture. As a side note, we got a good look at the front of her face, and I think baby girl is going to have her daddy's nose. She definitely doesn't have my pointy nose or Nathan's (read: Lolo's) button nose. And this one may come out bald (at least the tech didn't comment on how much hair she has like they did with Nathan).



My 36 week appointment was boring. Livy-bug's heartbeat was 151 bpm and mommy's weight gain was...upsetting. I'm was at 169 lbs, which, in terms of total weight gain is about 10 lbs over the average. As I said, upsetting. On the bright side I'll be beast feeding and that will suck the life, er, I mean weight, off of me.

In terms of getting ready for Olivia's arrival, we have the nursery basically put together and decorated. It isn't done by any means and none of her clothes or blankets have been washed. We still want to have a simple garden scene painted in one corner of the room and possibly the sky on the ceiling like brother's room, but it isn't a must-have.

This was an attempt to capture the lady bug knobs I put on her dresser.




Imagine a garden painted in this corner (that's the current vision at least). 

Today (June 22nd) we are officially exactly one month away from my due date and I'm not going to lie, I'm starting to feel a little freaked out and overwhelmed by how much there is left to do. Work has been really busy lately (let me see your shocked face) so I haven't accomplished much in the past three weeks. I think the only thing that keeps me from really panicking is that the cradle is at the house, we have a car seat and I come pre-equipped with feeding paraphernalia. So if she was born tomorrow (please don't be born tomorrow sweet pea) we could function.

All that said, I have one more week of work then I'm going on leave (yes, three weeks before my due date). That makes me feel better about getting everything done, although the big belly is going to make everything take an eternity compared to how it should go. Oh well, patience is a virtue!

As a parting gift, here are a few random pictures of the first born. 

Playing with his accumulation of bunnies.

"Look baby doll, what's this?" - Playing with the baby doll we bought Memorial weekend to get him accustomed to a baby being around his "stuff." He was showing her his blue box that holds his random crafting stuff.

Don't worry - we won't let him hold Olivia in a head lock when they are playing.

Getting ready for the first Splash Day at school in his cool swimsuit from Cousins Cynthia and Bill.  Such a cutie pie!

No comments: