This year Easter fell a little later than normal (April 20th - smack in the middle of Quarter) but fortunately we arranged with the client to get our testing support from them earlier than normal so we could give the team off that entire weekend. Lori and the great-grandparents came up to spend the weekend with us and Lori brought the fixings for egg dying. I was a little nervous about my barely three year old dying eggs in my kitchen, but he actually did a great job and liked seeing the colors emerge. However, three year olds aren't noted for their patience, so most of the eggs were on the lighter side.
On Sunday the kids got their Easter baskets and we went to worship with our brothers and sisters at the Katy church. I attempted to get a family picture, with limited success. Later that afternoon (after naps) we went to the backyard and played with cascarones. Olivia wasn't so sure she wanted to participate but she was a good sport about it. Nathan, of course, loved it and we went through two dozen eggs in fairly short order. Maybe someday I'll get brave and make some on our own (bwuahahahahahahaha). In the mean time, I just get to enjoy picking up confetti from the carpet and out of Olivia's mouth for weeks on end. "Why is her mouth blue?!"
No comments:
Post a Comment