Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Olivia - 6 Months Old!

In fairness to the second born, I want to capture the same milestones as I did for the first born. Sadly for Olivia, Mommy has had a hard transition to learning to be a mommy of two, so these are coming quite a bit later than they should, and all I have to rely on are notes I took at the time. This particular post will be very brief.

My sweet Livy-bug turned 6 months old on January 11th. For those of you in the public accounting world, that week marks the beginning of busy season.  We didn't have very many big milestones between 4 and 6 months. Even rolling over technically happened after 6 months. At this point, I was concerned about her lagging far behind in gross motor skills.

  • Length: 26.5 in (74%), weight 16.75 lbs (62%) and head circumference 16.5 in (40%) 
  • Still enthusiastically swings her arms around (mostly her right arm) when she's excited
  • Rolled from tummy to back on 1/10 (right before turning 6 months...lazy bones)
  • Rolled from back to tummy on 1/26 (this was the first time Mommy saw it...supposedly she had been doing it for almost a week).
  • Had a semi-successful rice cereal episode on 1/4. We first started giving her oatmeal and rice cereal shortly after she turned 4 months old. The results were not spectacular (pictures to follow). They are also trying at school, but she's not doing so great with spoon feeding.  What is it with my kids and eating!?
  • Size 3 diapers, size 6 months clothes
  • Loves brother and smiles when he's around
  • Takes 6 bottles a day (5 to 7 ounces at a time), including one overnight
  • She won't sit still much for reading, but we still try a little bit every day
  • Doesn't sit up very well by herself, still very unstable
  • Slept through the night for the first time 12/31 to 1/2 until around 5:45 am. This didn't last.
These pictures get us through late February. More cuteness to come.

This picture is actually from November 2013. A sweet friend took this picture of Olivia and I in the church nursery. Olivia is in a milk coma. 

First rice cereal attempt (November 2013)

Not impressed!

Picture courtesy of Nathan.



6 Month pictures (one day late). I couldn't get her to sit up straight and her right eye was a little goopy with an infection. 











No comments: