Monday, July 7, 2014

Spring & Summer Fun (in pictures)

Happy girl playing with bouncy balls. 

Olivia loves chasing brother (or being chased) and screams and squeals when someone starts saying, "I'm gonna get you!" She's getting pretty quick with the crawling.

Nathan was sick and stayed home with Mommy. After a while, he got his laptop out so he could "work" too. Is that the face I make when I'm working???

I just love this picture. Sibling love. I hope it lasts!

I forget now if this was supposed to be a wand (Sleeping Beauty), Maleficient's staff (also Sleeping Beauty), a sharp saw (Frozen ice workers) or a cross bow (Frozen "mean boys"). Either way, he's cute.

I caught Clark Kent mid-change...

Having a popsicle on a random day at home with Mommy.

My classy daughter eating her Bible and propping her bare foot up on the table (in a dress) during Bible class on Sunday morning. We'll have a talk about how young ladies are supposed to sit when she's older.

First pony tail - May 22, 2014

This girl adores her daddy. She would start "dancing" in place when he played.

"Excuse me. Trying to eat here."

First trip to the subdivision pool (since we moved here in 2009!). She loved being in the water, although she kept trying to capsize her float to reach the water and splash.

Big brother showing Olivia how to make big splashes.

Nathan made me get in the big freezing pool then promptly got out, so Olivia joined me for a few minutes before we retired back to the smaller (warmer) pool.

Nathan decided he needed to sit in the float too and chased Daddy and Olivia around in circles.

Best friend hugs at Andy's birthday party. Nathan had so much fun and was sooooo exhausted afterward after jumping and sliding for over an hour!

Literally dozens of toys to choose from, and she plays with a water bottle. ::sigh::

Playing with Popo on a Sunday afternoon. Doesn't get much better.

Yee Haw!

Home sick again - this time with hand-foot-mouth. Can you tell I try to work when he's home with me??

Vacation Bible School - Night #1

This year the VBS theme was the life of Joseph, so they made his coat of many colors with felt strips.

VBS Night #2 - modeling Pharaoh's headdress.  

VBS Night #3

VBS Night #3 - Mommy and Nathan waiting for the final songs and dismissal. He had so much fun and sang "Roll the Gospel Chariot Along" most of the way home that night.

Jimmy and I off to the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award Gala (the CEO I interviewed was a finalist - and won one of the awards!). This was supposed to be the kick off to our anniversary trip, but Jimmy caught the stomach bug Olivia brought home so we had to cancel. 

By Saturday evening Jimmy was feeling better so we got out the big swimming pool and squirt guns and had some serious fun. Unfortunately, Nathan came down with a really high fever that night.

And let's not forget Miss Olivia. Grammy was in town to watch the kids while we were (supposed to be) away. Friday night Olivia punished us for even thinking about leaving by screaming for three hours straight (literally) in the middle of the night. All in all I think Grammy was happy we stayed home this time!

Olivia loved this float. She was able to touch the bottom and "walk" around the pool.  Around and around and around she went smiling the whole time. This float has mesh around the inner float, so she was able to splash around without trying to lean over the side and tipping over.

He loves being outside and loves being in the water even more!

I took the week of July 4th off and kept Nathan home with me on Tuesday. We started the morning at Shipley's for donuts and kolaches. Nathan picked a "beautiful red donut".....

.....and only ate the top of it.

Later that morning we spent over 2 hours in the pool at play group. This was the only picture I took because I was pretty preoccupied making sure he stayed alive in the big pool. 

After watching Frozen and resting, we made "marshmallow bears" from rice crispy treats and decorating candy I had left over from his birthday. He loved putting the gel on them to stick on the candy. 

Enjoying the fruits of his labor.

I'm sorry, future Nathan. I had to. Pretty impressive...these are 4 inch heels.

My big girl practicing standing up all by herself before school.

Balloons!!! This was at Chance's birthday party at Kim and Kevin's house in Austin on July 5th. 

The boys playing with the "Go Fishing" game we got for Chance for his birthday. Such concentration!

Olivia desperately wanted some of those fish, but that darn Aunt Kimberley kept holding her back. She eventually got a hold of a few and taste tested them. Need salt.

No comments: